The Church with an Overshot Wheel is one of two surviving O. Henry stories (out of 94 silent films) produced by Vitagraph Studios from 1917 until 1924. Directed by Joseph Byron Totten. Restored by The Academy Film Archive in Los Angeles, with funding from Green Planet Films. Totten owned a farmhouse film studio in Voluntown Connecticut from approximately 1915-1924, known as Studio Farm. Musical score composed by Donald Sosin.